Need recommendation for JVM for ARM cpu

Robert Dodier

Hi,

I am looking for recommendations for a JVM to run on an ARM cpu.
I have tried JamVM + Classpath but that combo is flakey
so I am considering a replacement. I am willing to consider both
commercial and non-commercial VM's. Thanks very much for
any information.

Robert Dodier

Daniel Pitts

Hi,

I am looking for recommendations for a JVM to run on an ARM cpu.
I have tried JamVM + Classpath but that combo is flakey
so I am considering a replacement. I am willing to consider both
commercial and non-commercial VM's. Thanks very much for
any information.

Robert Dodier

I would see what suns site says about the matter. look for Java ME
(Micro Edition).

Roedy Green

I am looking for recommendations for a JVM to run on an ARM cpu.
I have tried JamVM + Classpath but that combo is flakey
so I am considering a replacement. I am willing to consider both
commercial and non-commercial VM's. Thanks very much for
any information.

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jvm.html
and chase the links to Marco Schmidt's various lists.

Rbrt

seehttp://mindprod.com/jgloss/jvm.html
and chase the links to Marco Schmidt's various lists.

I am facing exactly the same problem at the moment on my Viper ARM
board (see http://www.arcom.com/pc104-xscale-viper.htm).
I have tried JamVM + Classpath and rxtx and had all kinds of trouble
with it (freeze etc.). Here the thread:
http://lists.arm.linux.org.uk/pipermail/linux-arm/2007-September/013595.html

I then decided to go with IBM J9 VM as that one is recommended by
arcom, but unfortunately the last available build from Arcom is just
Java 1.3 conform. I at least would need java 1.4 better 1.5. But they
are currently working on a new build for the ARM board so that should
be available soon.

I would be intrested to here about your problems with JamVM and what
alternatives you consider.

Dennis A. Vitali

I put ibm's j9 jvm and midlet on an Asus xscale, Ran the hello.jad/jar ok so
far. Need to register w/IBM. Search J9 IBM JAva.
Good Luck Dennis