Need script for the following problem

Sita Rami Reddy

My problem is folows

Opened google and entered pickaxe and clicked search

in the page followed, i want to collect all the page titles which are in
green color and all the corresponding links in a log file.
i want to repeat the same for 10 pages(google searched) ..

please help me

Jesús Gabriel y Galán

Hi,
My problem is folows

Opened google and entered pickaxe and clicked search

in the page followed, i want to collect all the page titles which are in
green color and all the corresponding links in a log file.
i want to repeat the same for 10 pages(google searched) ..

please help me

Take a look at mechanize, or search the archives or google for "web scraping".
There's a lot of info out there. If you get stuck with something just
let us know,
post some code and we'll help you.

Jesus.

Robert Klemme

2008/11/12 Jes=FAs Gabriel y Gal=E1n said:
Take a look at mechanize, or search the archives or google for "web scrap= ing".
There's a lot of info out there. If you get stuck with something just
let us know,
post some code and we'll help you.

Sita, to make it crystal clear: this is not the service "We code it
for you" with its free new subscribers offer. You'll have to invest a
bit more to get your problem solved (either you hand it off to a
contractor which I am sure will happily provide what you need and bill
you or start writing it yourself and see how far you get).

Terms of usage can be found at

robert

--=20

Tom Morris

Opened google and entered pickaxe and clicked search

in the page followed, i want to collect all the page titles which are in
green color and all the corresponding links in a log file.
i want to repeat the same for 10 pages(google searched) ..

That's a particularly efficient way of doing it. Google actually has an
API. You can use it with two Ruby gems: curb and json.

See <http://code.google.com/apis/ajaxsearch/documentation/#fonje> for
details on how to use Google's API. I have some example code up for how
to do this in Ruby here <http://gist.github.com/16735>.

You'll have to use your own initiative from here on out (preferably
following How To Ask Questions The Smart Way at:
<http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html>)

Yours,

Tom Morris

Opened google and entered pickaxe and clicked search

in the page followed, i want to collect all the page titles which are in
green color and all the corresponding links in a log file.
i want to repeat the same for 10 pages(google searched) ..

That's a particularly inefficient way of doing it. Google actually has an