Need to identify different browsers

Shawn B.

Greetings,

I'm writing some WebControls that will attempt to render themselves
appropriately for different browsers. This means they will emit the correct
script code, HTML, and styles that is needed for that browser and omit what
isn't supported.

I can correctly identify all the browsers execpt Mozilla and Firebird.
Using the HttpBrowserCapabilities.Browser property Mozilla 1.3, 1.4, and
Firebird returns "Netscape" and the version is "5.0". I don't see any other
way to properly identify them without using JavaScript in the client but the
negates the purpose of rending the correct output in the first place.

Has anyone run accross this problem and solved it?

Thanks,
Shawn