need tomcat's web.xml and server.xml

adamR

I was fooling around with the server.xml and the web.xml files that
belong to my Tomcat 4.1. Now, however, I can't get Tomcat to startup,
I am getting the error:
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester endElement
SEVERE: End event threw exception
etc etc

I am unable to return these files to their proper states, so I was
hoping somebody could copy a legit combination of the 2 so I can get
Tomcat running again.

Thanks in Advance

Bryce

I was fooling around with the server.xml and the web.xml files that
belong to my Tomcat 4.1. Now, however, I can't get Tomcat to startup,
I am getting the error:
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester endElement
SEVERE: End event threw exception
etc etc

I am unable to return these files to their proper states, so I was
hoping somebody could copy a legit combination of the 2 so I can get
Tomcat running again.

You know you can download Tomcat at any time from

jakarta.apache.org
??

Liz

My old officemate would say to use your backup.

adamR said:
You know you can download Tomcat at any time from

jakarta.apache.org
??

Brilliant! Thanks for the help.[/QUOTE]

Juha Laiho

Liz said:
My old officemate would say to use your backup.

Hmm.. backup wouldn't be the correct tool for this (though it'd do the work
as well). Instead, a change/configuration/version management system should
do. So, backup should be limited to recovering from unexpectable failures;
it shouldn't be used as version control/configuration history system.

The minimum safety belt would be to manually make backup copies just before
starting to edit.