Needed: event-based (My)SQL parser

Denis Defreyne

Hi,

I am looking for an event-based SQL parser that is capable of handling
the output of `mysqldump`. It needs to be event-based, i.e. it should
not read the entire document into memory and then parse it--instead,
it should parse incrementally. This is necessary because it should be
able to cope with large SQL files that are many 100s of MBs in size.
It does not need to be written in Ruby, but if it is not, bindings
with Ruby should be easy to write.

If you know of such a parser, do let me know. If you have a suggestion
for an alternative approach, also do let me know. Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Denis