[.Net 2.0] Cryptography

Rob

Hi all,

I'm very new to cryptography, and thus far have managed to created
password hashes using a salt value and an sha1 hash etc...

What I want to do now is encrypt some data that I am forced to send via
the querystring, but, obviously I'm going to need to decrypt it again
once received...I would like this functionality to be reused wherever
possible, so it wont be for just querystring data but thats the example
in this question.

Can anyone suggest to me where I should look for this, I've not found a
whole load of easy to follow examples on Google so hoped you may be
able to help...

Would RSA be the way to go?

Any info appreciated..

Regards

Rob

Mark Rae

Any info appreciated..

If you're using C#, contact me privately and I'll send you my cryptography
base class which will do exactly what you require...

Rob

Mark said:
If you're using C#, contact me privately and I'll send you my cryptography
base class which will do exactly what you require...

Hi Mark,

Many thanks for your reply, alas I'm using vb...

Regards

Rob

Rob

tsaunders said:

Hi,

Thanks for the URL - that looks quite nifty, and incredibly small!

Just one question, as I know little about base64 - will that make any
of the characters in the encrypted string URL *un*safe? Or will they
all be ok?

I'm thinking of any characters that might insert spaces or truncate the
data in the querystring which in the example, default2.aspx then
receives...

Regards

Rob