.NET 2.0 Redist errors

AF

I recently added the .NET 2.0 Redist to a web server and am constantly
getting the following:

..NET Runtime version 2.0.50727.42 - Fatal Execution Engine Error
(7A05E2B3) (80131506)

Message: Faulting application w3wp.exe, version 6.0.3790.1830, stamp
42435be1, faulting module mscorwks.dll, version 2.0.50727.42, stamp
4333e7ec, debug? 0, fault address 0x000e9f96.

I have tried repairing the installation however that did not seem to
do anything to help. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> I have tried repairing the installation however that did not seem to
!> do anything to help. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

You look like you're using Windows 2003 Server. Is that correct ?
The 32-bit version ?

How did you try to repair it ?

1. If you tried by running aspnet_regiis -i , that is not enough.

Try running aspnet_regiis -u and *then* run aspnet_regiis -i

2. If that doesn't fix the problem, you might have a bad download file.

Redownload the bits from :
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...cb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&displaylang=en

....and make sure you download the correct version for your platform.

Then, completey uninstall the .Net Framework
( Start button, Settings, Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs )

Look for "Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0" and uninstall it.

Then, reboot and reinstall it from the new bits you downloaded.

One of these procedures should fix the problem.

Let us know how you do.

Guest

If you have different version apps (1.1 and 2.0) they need to be in separate
application pools. That may not be the issue, but it could.
Peter

AF

If you have different version apps (1.1 and 2.0) they need to be in separate
application pools. That may not be the issue, but it could.
Peter

Thanks Peter, any way to trace that back to a particular web in IIS?
Only 1 of them is .NET 2.0 - the rest are 1.1.

Juan T. Llibre

re:
Thanks Peter, any way to trace that back to a particular web in IIS?

No need to trace anything.

re:
Only 1 of them is .NET 2.0 - the rest are 1.1.

Just place the 2.0 app in its own Application Pool,
and you can lump all the 1.1 apps in a different App Pool.

AF

re:

No need to trace anything.

re:

Just place the 2.0 app in its own Application Pool,
and you can lump all the 1.1 apps in a different App Pool.

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq :http://asp.net.do/faq/
foros de asp.net, en español :http://asp.net.do/foros/

Unfortunately, that didn't do anything...

But... there were 3 .Net updates that Windows Update applied and
(knock on wood) so far that seems to have resolved the problem...

AF

No need to trace anything.
Just place the 2.0 app in its own Application Pool,
and you can lump all the 1.1 apps in a different App Pool.
Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq :http://asp.net.do/faq/
foros de asp.net, en español :http://asp.net.do/foros/
On Apr 11, 12:48 pm, Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]
--
Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Short urls & more: http://ittyurl.net
I recently added the .NET 2.0 Redist to a web server and am constantly
getting the following:
..NET Runtime version 2.0.50727.42 - Fatal Execution Engine Error
(7A05E2B3) (80131506)
Message: Faulting application w3wp.exe, version 6.0.3790.1830, stamp
42435be1, faulting module mscorwks.dll, version 2.0.50727.42, stamp
4333e7ec, debug? 0, fault address 0x000e9f96.
I have tried repairing the installation however that did not seem to
do anything to help. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Peter, any way to trace that back to a particular web in IIS?
Only 1 of them is .NET 2.0 - the rest are 1.1.

Unfortunately, that didn't do anything...

But... there were 3 .Net updates that Windows Update applied and
(knock on wood) so far that seems to have resolved the problem...

Well... maybe I spoke too soon... the errors are still there...

I tried running aspnet_regiis -u and *then* run aspnet_regiis -i -- no
go...

Will try a full remove / reboot / reinstall next...

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> Well... maybe I spoke too soon... the errors are still there...
!> Will try a full remove / reboot / reinstall next...

It did look like a bad install to begin with, however, the correct way to
approach solving the problem is to attempt what might be simpler solutions first.

Full remove / reboot / reinstall should be the last recourse, done only after buggy
techniques, bad code, corrupted files and/or architecture problems have been
discarded as the source of the problems.

Please let us know whether removing/reinstalling fixed it.

No need to trace anything.
[...]

On Apr 11, 1:51 pm, "Juan T. Llibre" <[email protected]>
wrote:
re:
[...]

There is a hotfix listed here that I am going to try.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913384

Will update good or bad...

AF

re:
"AF" <[email protected]> wrote in message
On Apr 11, 1:51 pm, "Juan T. Llibre" <[email protected]>
wrote:
re:
[...]

Applying the hotfix above corrected the problem.