.NET and 404 error.

George Ter-Saakov

I have an application where IHttpModule is catching all ASPX requests and
transfer them to correct ASPX page using HttpCurrent.RewrutePath ( like
DoNetNuke is doing).

The problem i have is that if default page is assumed (default.aspx) then
IIS give 404 without forwarding to ASP.NET engine.

Example:
http://www.mysite.com/default.aspx --- works even if default.aspx does not
exist.
http://www.mysite.com -- 404 because default.aspx does not exist.

I heard that i need to have Windows 2003 for that to work.
Can someone confirm it. I can not find any solid documentation on it.

Thanks.
George.

jib

George,

When you open the IIS manager, right click on your web site, select
properties and browse to the 'Documents'
tab, make sure default.aspx is part of the default document list.

Jib.