Unexpected 404

Jeremy S

I have a couple of pages that can handle process optional querystring
values.

One of the pages works just fine, with or without a querystring value:
Requests for each of these result in the page rendering correctly:
PageOne.aspx
PageOne.aspx?SC=140

But I have a second page, in the same folder, that results in the HTTP 404
page not found error - but *only* when the querysting is included in the
request.

This works with no problem:
PageTwo.aspx

But a request for this page...results in the HTTP 404
PageTwo.aspx?SC=45

When the latter is processed (the request with the querystring present), I
can step all the way through the code. So the page is in fact being
requested and processed. So it appears that it's something after the page
handler processes the page, that is resulting in the HTTP 404.

FWIW:
1. I'm using .NET 3.5, asp.net web application, IIS 5.1 (on XP Pro), using
IE 7.

2. There is no custom logic in global.asax that does anything with request
authorization. There is custom authentication logic, but it is processing
just fine, and the authenticated user is correctly identified.

3. Here is the relevant Web.config entry (both of the above-described aspx
pages exist in the "AP" folder.

<location path="AP">
<system.web>
<authorization>
<deny users="?" />
<allow users="*"/>
</authorization>
</system.web>
</location>

Ideas? What can I be looking for to explain and resolve this issue?

Thanks!

Guest

[...]

Do you use any url rewriting, some special httpModules? Check IIS log
to see what was requested.

Jeremy S

Mystery solved. I had some custom logic that was doing a Response.Redirect
to a page that had been moved to a new folder. I had not stepped far enough
through my code, and the Response.Redirect line was in a collapsed section
of code.

D'oh! (ala Homer Simpson).