New web projects in Visual Studio 2005

postings

Hi

I'm confused.

I have created a new folder on a server on situated my local LAN,
configure IIS 6 to use it, set up the DNS record for the host header,
so far so good.

In Visual Studio 2003 would set up a new project in Visual Studio 2003
it in turn would ask for file location and URL (whereby I would point
it to a relative path, i.e. \\myserver\d$\whateverfolders and the URL I
set up in DNS), and off I went. No frontpage server extensions
required. It worked.

Now how do I do this in Visual Studio 2005?
I can do something similar with Visual studio 2005, by selecting the
filesystem option, and it works uses VS2005 built in web server and
randomly generated port. Logical but not what I want, I want to use
IIS.

If I select "remote server" it insists that the server has Front
Page extensions.... Yuk!
I don't want to use FTP either.

So how can I achieve what I was previously doing in VS2003?

Many thanks!

Alex

postings

Right I see it's under the project properties now once the project is
created.

Is there any way of having this on by default or switched on when you
create the project rather than taking an "extra step"?

Many thanks

Alex