newb question

:\\\\derian

Hi guys,

Background: VB.net developer
Question: Can i add and access an unmanaged COM dll to my asp.net
project?

Previous Attempt: I added a reference to the DLL in the references dialog.
Declared the variable and when i treid to instantiate it, I got an error!

\\\
dim loCOMDLL as COMDLL.MyCLass
loCOMDLL = new COMDLL.MyClass() 'this line throws an error
///

If i step through the code, it says the loCOMDLL variable = Nothing even
after the dim statement has been executed.

All suggestions welcome.

:\\derian

Marina

After the Dim statement is is nothing, since it has not been instantiated.
So that is correct.

You skipped over the most important part: what exactly is the error you are
gettijng?