NEWB stuck (ASP.NET 2)

Guest

Hi all,

Env : ASP.NET 2 (& VB.NET)

How in heck can I rebind a DropDownlist that is contained in an Insert
Template in
a Formview control.

I want to have the dropdown list requery the datasource each time the user
has selected from it, as the underlying SQL selects a list of rows that has
eliminated the previously selected row from the resultset.

I have looked and looked but cannot see how this is achieved.

All help gratefully received.

Scotchy

andrew

I'm no expert but i'll throw my 2 cents in. The ItemInserted Command
is fired when an item is inserted into a formview and the event args
e.NewValues contains a dictionary of new values. I'd suspect you could
use this.

Good Luck,
Andrew

Benjamin Strackany

You might be able to explicitly set the dropdown's datasource (freshly
queried from the database) and call DataBind() in Page_Load() or
SelectedIndexChanged or somesuch.