newbie asp.net user control question

mbosco51

Hi, I created a user control within my asp.net application. It has
an .ascx extension. I use this control many times within this
application and it works fine. I wrote this user control to be
generic though, because I want it to be accessible from other asp.net
applications as well. How do I break out the user control into a
seperate dll that can be references by many asp.net apps? I fooled
around with the "Web Control Library" but I must be doing something
wrong because it doesn't seem right. For instance it is listing a
"Windows Forms" section on the toolbox rather than the "Web Forms"
section that I need. Also there is no html section on the designer.
I must have gone off track somewhere.... Any help you can provide
would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Masudur

Hi, I created a user control within my asp.net application. It has
an .ascx extension. I use this control many times within this
application and it works fine. I wrote this user control to be
generic though, because I want it to be accessible from other asp.net
applications as well. How do I break out the user control into a
seperate dll that can be references by many asp.net apps? I fooled
around with the "Web Control Library" but I must be doing something
wrong because it doesn't seem right. For instance it is listing a
"Windows Forms" section on the toolbox rather than the "Web Forms"
section that I need. Also there is no html section on the designer.
I must have gone off track somewhere.... Any help you can provide
would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

hi... :)

If you want to use your control in multiple projects and you actually
want made it generic enough you have to write a custom control... okay
that good... now you can still use user user control in multiple
project but for this you got to copy the ascx file and its cs file to
the new project...

Thanks
Masudur
http://www.kaz.com.bd