    May I suggest that you might find the bliss you seek on alt.punk.losers ?

    No, I am not going to killfile you. I killfile chronic netiquette violators,
    not the mentally incompetent.

    Alan Connor, Nov 11, 2003

  2. Andrew Robert

    CBFalconer Guest

    See what happens Joona, when you post a faked quotation? The
    kangaroo court descends, leaving the world quaking in abject
    fear. No, no Brer Fox, not the briar patch.

    CBFalconer, Nov 11, 2003

  3. Andrew Robert

    Lew Pitcher Guest

    While the others will point out the various C programming points to this
    requirement, I'll make one simple observation: I've /never/ seen an "any"
    key on any of the keyboards I've had to use. I've had to use a /lot/ of
    different keyboards, from cardpunch keyboards to teletype keyboards to 3270
    keyboards to IBM PC keyboards, and beyond, and not /one/ of those keyboards
    had an "any" key.

    However, they all had keys either marked "return" or "enter". And, it so
    happens that the "return" or "enter" keystroke is the one that usually
    terminates input in such a manner that the buffering behind a C input stream
    is released to the C program.

    Funny, isn't it?

    [snip]

    --
    Lew Pitcher

    Master Codewright and JOAT-in-training

    Lew Pitcher, Nov 11, 2003
  4. You /are/ a chronic netiquette violator; your contribution to Usenet seems
    to comprise little but bile. The list of people you have killfiled is quite
    impressive. It demonstrates quite clearly that you haven't the faintest
    idea what you're doing.

    Richard Heathfield, Nov 11, 2003
  5. You had to wait an extra two and a half hours because of your own stupidity.

    Richard Heathfield, Nov 11, 2003
  6. Andrew Robert

    Sidney Cadot Guest

    Get a life.

    Sidney Cadot, Nov 11, 2003
  7. Andrew Robert

    Alan Connor Guest

    And there I was thinking you were a grownup.

    Alan Connor, Nov 11, 2003
  8. Where is the faked quotation I posted?

    Joona I Palaste, Nov 11, 2003
  9. Andrew Robert

    Alan Connor Guest

    Kiss my ass, you fat pig.

    Oh, you didn't bother telling them about how we used to live down the
    street from each other, did you?

    Didn't tell them that you are about 5 1/2 feet tall and weigh almost 300 lbs.
    and have to wear diapers because of all the weeping pimples on your gargantuan
    flabby ass.

    Well, well. How many times do we have to go through this, Kidney?

    Alan Connor, Nov 11, 2003
  10. And I'm proud to say I beat you to it. I got killfiled for politely asking
    questions (whose answer would probably reveal flaws in his argument) and
    actually proposed an improvement to his homegrown "verify that posts by
    Alan Connor are from me not someone else pgp signature replacement". That
    was ofcourse not the reson he gave for killfiling me.
    You missed the best part he concluded the statement with:
    Probably because that would impair his ability to read his own posts.

    Whenever I can I will try to answer Alan Connor questions, secure in the
    knowledge that he will not receive any benefit because he will see it, but
    anyone googling for the question will se the answer, and anyone capable of
    answering will see that it has already been done.

    Nils Petter Vaskinn, Nov 11, 2003
  11. Andrew Robert

    Chris Dollin Guest

    Oh joy.
    That's not an exhaustive analysis. Either you know this and are attempting
    to mislead other readers, or you don't and are terminally unimaginative.

    Or something else.
    You call him "Richard
    Heathfielddaysdaysdaysdaysdaysdaysdadaysdaysdaysdaysdaysdaysysdaysdays
    daysdaysdaysdaydaysdaysdaysdaysdaysdaysdaysdaysdayssdaysdays"?

    Chris Dollin, Nov 11, 2003
  12. Andrew Robert

    CBFalconer Guest

    Ahh, you are failing to contemplate the deeper implications of the
    thread, and the yin and the yang involved. There are certain
    things in heaven and earth, Horatio, that must forever remain
    unsaid, else the small fish with miniscule brains will never
    nibble.

    CBFalconer, Nov 11, 2003
  13. Could you try that again? In Human this time?

    Joona I Palaste, Nov 11, 2003
  14. i think it was shakespeare...

    max101000010.01000101, Nov 11, 2003
  15. Shakespeare or Dr. Seuss, it still doesn't explain what the faked
    quotation was, if there was one.

    Joona I Palaste, Nov 11, 2003
  16. <pedant>
    thats only 29 days.
    </pedant>

    Mark McIntyre, Nov 11, 2003
  17. Andrew Robert

    Jirka Klaue Guest

    Dnepdes, the lttesrs are all trhee. :)

    Jirka

    Jirka Klaue, Nov 12, 2003
  18. yes, well they're all there in French Connection UK's acronym too,
    but.... :)

    Mark McIntyre, Nov 12, 2003
  19. <xtreme pedant>
    it's 28 'days', 1 'da', 1 'ys', 1 'day' and 1 's',
    or 24 'days', 1 'dadays', 1 'daysys', 1 'daydays' and 1 'dayss'
    </xtreme pedant>

    8^)

    Irrwahn Grausewitz, Nov 12, 2003
  20. Andrew Robert

    Sidney Cadot Guest

    Last try:

    Your idea of having a good time seems to revolve around slinging insults
    at total strangers. Seriously, there's more to be had from life than
    this. Go outside once in a while to enjoy nature, set some goals, make
    some friends.

    You'll probably lash out with some half-witted vituperations at this.
    Nevertheless, I truly hope that this may be a small incentive for you to
    mend your ways. You see, I am an optimist, and genuinely mean the best
    for other people, including you.

    Best regards,

    Sidney

    Sidney Cadot, Nov 12, 2003