    the last one parses as "days" "s"
    </pedant>

    =:-0

    Mark McIntyre, Nov 12, 2003

  2. Andrew Robert

    Alan Connor Guest

    Gee. Now why would anyone "lash out" at YOU?

    I mean you post an entire article filled with insults condemning ME for
    "slinging insults."

    I am not going to call you anything but a hypocrite, which you demonstrably
    are.

    And not a very bright one if you think that I am the only person capable
    of perceiving your hypocrisy.

    Then, you cap your hypocrisy with an obvious boldface lie:

    "Best regards"

    Please go away.

    And do yourself a favor and check the archives for the story of the
    last person to harass me on the Usenet. Note that they no longer
    can be found on the Usenet.

    Alan Connor, Nov 12, 2003

  3. Andrew Robert

    Randy Howard Guest

    Strange how hypocritical he can be. I was supposedly killfiled
    because I laughed at a reference to DMR and Heathfield's famous
    (infamous?) post of several years ago about topicality here.

    I'm not sure how that violates netiquette, but I'd be intrigued
    to learn about what RFC I violated.

    Randy Howard, Nov 12, 2003
  4. Neither can half the planet, if your killfile is your method of judging who
    can and cannot be found.

    Anyway, nobody is harassing you. You have it precisely the wrong way around.

    Richard Heathfield, Nov 12, 2003
  5. Andrew Robert

    nobody Guest

    nobody, Nov 12, 2003
  6. Andrew Robert

    John Bode Guest

    Yay, it's time once again for "Let's Up The Grumpy Quotient In c.l.c!"
    It's been a while since the last round.

    Alan, you're no Scott Nudds, which is a *good* thing, really, but at
    the same time that means you have far less entertainment value for
    most of us. Childish and immature's been done to death; you need a
    new angle. Scott was a unique thinker; his particular bugaboo was
    that C was a flawed religion that we here at clc were pushing on the
    unsuspecting masses, and that Portable Assembler was a much better
    solution. Oh, and that the floor() function was redundant. See?
    Original. Out there. That's the kind of thing that earns you
    everlasting fame as a genuine net.kook.

    Keep this up and the best you'll be remembered as is a flaming
    asshole.

    **plonk**

    John Bode, Nov 12, 2003
  7. (I'm replying to richard's post as Alan is plonked. Don't ask me why,
    I know that troll feeding season is over, its just fun you know...)

    I'm struggling to spot the insults in Sidney's post. Mind you, I'm
    only paranoid on thursdays, so maybe I should wait three hours.

    Mister Kettle, you're blackening the name of pots everywhere.

    Let me let you in on a secret - they /are/ all out to get you, it /is/
    a conspiracy.

    I do love a toothless threat. They make such a lovely sound as you
    crush them beneath the wheels of your juggernaut.
    quite.

    Mark McIntyre, Nov 12, 2003
  8. Andrew Robert

    Alex Guest

    Elsewhere in this thread

    I don't think that he was harassing anyone :)

    Alex

    Alex, Nov 12, 2003
  9. Andrew Robert

    nobody Guest

    Just to keep it straight and not confusing. "He" in sentence
    above refers to "nobody" as used in sentence higher up, not
    to "Alan Connor".
    <ot> New movie theme: "'60 Days' of Connor" </ot>

    nobody, Nov 13, 2003
  10. Andrew Robert

    Richard Bos Guest

    Not for any of the rest of us. And that goes for you, too, Richard.
    <fx: dark glare>

    Richard

    Richard Bos, Nov 13, 2003
  11. <shrug> I take no pleasure in exchanges with trolls. Some things just need
    to be said, that's all. Anyway, he seems to have got bored and gone away.
    Characteristic behaviour for amateur trolls.

    Richard Heathfield, Nov 13, 2003
  12. Not for any of the rest of us.[/QUOTE]

    Point taken. Tho, well, some trolls are downright annoying, some are
    funny. AC is mostly funny. And you can always killfile the thread, if
    it offends you.
    <fx: manic grin, runs finger suggestively down blade of axe>

    Mark McIntyre, Nov 13, 2003