newbie pass variables on CGI

John

Dear all,

This is a general question, I would like to know how can I pass
variables from a page to another one. I am talking about a web page,
under CGI.

I can pass values, but I don't know how I could pass the full hash, or
the full parameters.

Any help
Thanks

Ben Morrow

This is a general question, I would like to know how can I pass
variables from a page to another one. I am talking about a web page,
under CGI.

I can pass values, but I don't know how I could pass the full hash, or
the full parameters.

(I take it you're using CGI.pm?)

You can retrieve the query-string with $query->query-string, and then
append this to another URI to invoke that script with the same
parameters.

Ben

Brian McCauley

This is a general question, I would like to know how can I pass
variables from a page to another one. I am talking about a web page,
under CGI.

I can pass values, but I don't know how I could pass the full hash, or
the full parameters.

I use a hidden field populated using the Storable module and MIME
base64 encoding.

See also various modules with "Session" in their names.

--
\\ ( )
. _\\__[oo

Alan J. Flavell

You can retrieve the query-string with $query->query-string, and then
append this to another URI to invoke that script with the same
parameters.

Hmmm, CGI.pm documentation is a bit vague in this area. I'm looking
at http://stein.cshl.org/WWW/software/CGI/

| query_string()
| Returns a query string suitable for maintaining state.

Does this mean it's in URLencoded form, or not?

At any rate, anyone who's using -oldstyle_urls should take note of
what it says about the need for HTML-escaping ampersands.

cheers