Python CGI programming on Mac OSX

Discussion in 'Python' started by Kaushik Roy, May 21, 2015.

  1. Kaushik Roy

    Kaushik Roy

    Joined:
    May 21, 2015
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    1
    Hello I am using Mac OSX mavericks and I am new to apache2 and cgi, but have been using python for a while now.

    My python script called hello.py in the cgi-executable folder is:

    #!/anaconda/bin/python
    import cgi, cgitb
    form = cgi.FieldStorage()
    first_name = form.getvalue('first_name')
    last_name = form.getvalue('last_name')
    print"Content-type:text/html\r\n\r\n"
    print"<html>"
    print"<head>"
    print"<title>Hello - Second CGI Program</title>"
    print"</head>"
    print"<body>"
    print"<h2>Hello %s %s</h2>"%(first_name, last_name)
    print"</body>"
    print"</html>"

    my form.html file is:

    <formaction="/cgi-bin/hello.py"method="get">
    First Name: <inputtype="text"name="first_name"><br/>
    Last Name: <inputtype="text"name="last_name"/>
    <inputtype="submit"value="Submit"/>
    </form>

    But the input from the form doesn't go through to the python script!
    but if i execute localhost/cgi-bin/hello.py?first_name=F&last_name=L
    it displays HELLO F L

    please tell me where to place the form.html file so it can find the hello.py cgi script

    I have looked at stack overflow a lot and not found any solution. Please help!

    The hello.py is in the cgi-executables folder

    Kaushik Roy, May 21, 2015

  2. Kaushik Roy

    simpsons

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2015
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    hi, Roy,
    I have the same problem with you. Have you solved it yet?

    simpsons, Sep 26, 2015