newbie - powerpoints on webistes?

La Jolla

Hello,

Is it possible to show powerpoints on websites, or must they be converted to
flash or mpg movies?

Are there any "easy" ways to convert if necessary?

thanks,

LJ

arccos

La said:
Hello,

Is it possible to show powerpoints on websites, or must they be converted to
flash or mpg movies?

Are there any "easy" ways to convert if necessary?

thanks,

LJ

When you save a Powerpoint presentation, you can do a "Save As", and
change the type drop down, I think. Either that, or it's a seperate
save option like "Save" and "Save As". Don't have PP on this comp, so I
can't check

For what it's worth, I would not expect correct HTML or anything very
special out of it. It works, but doesn't look so good.

-Arccos

Andy Dingley

Is it possible to show powerpoints on websites,

Yes, but only Windows users with the right Powerpoint players will be
able to see them. If that's OK for _your_ audience, then it's the
easiest way.
or must they be converted to
flash or mpg movies?

You could, but that's probably a bad idea. If your PPT is visually
complicated, but not interactive, then you're probably better off making
it as a movie from the beginning. The good thing about PPT (of the few
good things) is that users can progress through the pages at their own
speed, or can go back if they wish.
Are there any "easy" ways to convert if necessary?

If your PPT is just simple static pages with text, bullets and images
then there are converter scripts around that will turn them into plain
HTML pages for you. It's not hard to write your own filter to do this
too - use VBA from within Powerpoint.

Travis Newbury

La said:
Is it possible to show powerpoints on websites, or must they be converted to
flash or mpg movies?
Are there any "easy" ways to convert if necessary?

Yes, download the webcast construction kit. It lets you import a PPT
presentation and turn it into a Flash demonstration.
www.webcastconstructionkit.com