Newbie-Q: 403 Error

David Veeneman

I'm just getting started with ASP.NET. I got a 403 error the first time I
tried to run a web site in VS 2005, so I did two things:

1) I confirmed that the IIS default web site was configured for anonymous
access in the MMC Authentication Methods dialog.

2) I gave the Internet Guest account read and write permissions on the
Inetpub\wwwroot folder.

Do I need to do anything else to configure ASP.NET for IIS or for NT file
access? Are there any articles that discuss this aspect of security? Thanks.