Newbie question

Robert Dufour

I am using vs2005 and I have Created a new web site into which I have simply
copied existing html and asp pages as they were when created with an earlier
dev tool. I suspect it was Visual interdev.

If I try to view an asp page in browser I get an error page saying Server
error in the web site
This type of page is not served.
has been explicitly forbidden. The extension '.asp' may be incorrect.
Please review the URL below and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

How do I correct this?

Thanks for any help
Bob

Page Brooks

Bob,
Try renaming your files to have an .aspx extension rather than an .asp
extension.

Guest

In IIS 6.0, you have to explicitly enable various handlers for ASP, ASPX etc.

In the IIS Manager Snap-in, look for the "Web Service Extensions" node.
That's where you will see the "prohibited" messages, and where you can
"enable" them.
Peter

Robert Dufour

Thanks but somehow I can't find that node either on my development machine
or on a w2k server I use here.
Is there something I need to do to get it in the list?
Bob