NewBie, What is the Proper way to add SQLDataAdapter in VS2005

Rob Dob

Hi,

What is the correct way to add a SQLDataAdapter into VS2005 C# .Net webform
( .aspx ), I tried first using the component designer, however I couldn't
find the SQLDataAdapter it the toolbar by default so I first added it to
the data area of the toolbar first and then I dragged it onto the form,
created a query etc. and finally manually added the "InitComponet() to the
formload.

When I run the APP I get an error,

MissingManifestResourceException: Could not find any resources appropriate
for the specified culture or the neutral culture. Make sure
"MyApp.articles_wanted.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into
assembly "App_Web_ktof9gvr" at compile time, or that all the satellite
assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.]

I have treid installing VS2005 on a clean machine and I get the same error
there aswell, so it leads me to beleive that I am doing something terribly
wrong..

Any help would be appreciated..

thanks,

Daniel Fisher\(lennybacon\)

Don't use it would be proper. Instead use Connection and Command.

Rob Dob

Hi,

thank you for your reply, however what do you mean "Don't Use It", My
current converted, VS2003 application does and when I now try and make
modifications to my existing SQLDataAdapters using VS2005 it BlowsUP!!, Has
..NET 2.0 abandoned use of SQLDataAdapter, according to the Docs,, it is
not considered obsolete...

Please further explain,

thanks,

--