vs2005 to vs2008 problems

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by GaryDean, Feb 18, 2008.

  1. GaryDean

    GaryDean Guest

    Sorry for so many posts today. Converting from XP/vs2005 to Vista/vs2008...

    I have a working website in VS2005. I transfer it over to my vista computer
    and setup IIS there and when I try to browse it I get the following
    exception. Line 43 is highlighted in red.

    Anyone know the cause? Is their some treatment vs2005 projects need before
    going over to vs2008?

    TIA,
    Gary

    Server Error in '/VTaxBusiness' Application.

    Configuration Error

    Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly
    'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system
    cannot find the file specified.

    Source Error:

    Line 41: <compilation debug="true">
    Line 42: <assemblies>
    Line 43: <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
    Line 44: <add assembly="System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
    Line 45: <add assembly="System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/></assemblies>

    Source File: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\VTaxBusiness\web.config Line: 43

    Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine
    why the assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' could not be loaded.

    WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value
    [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind
    failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value
    [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

    GaryDean, Feb 18, 2008

  2. GaryDean

    Scott M. Guest

    Check the references in the application. It appears that you are referncing
    an assembly that is either not present on the new machine or not in the same
    location.

    Scott M., Feb 18, 2008

  3. If you're compiling agains the 2.0 version of the framework you need to
    install the ASP.Net Ajax from the www.asp.net/ajax site. You would otherwise
    have to upgrade the ASP.Net projects to the 3.5 version of the framework as
    the System.Web.Extensions namespace is only built into the latest framework
    and was an add-on to the 2.0 framework.

    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick
    Microsoft MVP - Expression

    Mark Fitzpatrick, Feb 19, 2008
  4. Hi Gary,

    Mark is right, there's a new version of AJAX in .NET Framework 3.5
    (VS2008), please refer following document:

    How To: Upgrade an ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 Web Project to .NET Framework 3.5
    (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb907623.aspx)

    Regards,
    Walter Wang (, remove 'online.')
    Microsoft Online Community Support