NO DLL in bin folder after building

moondaddy

This is my first website using asp.net 2.0 and the first thing I noticed is
no bin folder. After reading some other postings I saw mention that I
needed to select Build Website from the build menu. I did this but still no
bin folder. so I manually created a bin folder and ran Build Web Site again
but still no DLL in the bin folder. is this because I only have static aspx
pages so far and haven't written any code behind yet? This is very
confusing for me.

Thanks.

moondaddy

I just found the answer which I havent seen any mention of this simple
answer mentioned anywhere so far.

Ask first... then I will automaticaly find answer myself...

Anyway:

Rather than building the project to get a compiled dll as I did in 1.1,
select Publish Web Site from the build menu and it will make a complete
compiled copy of the website (all files including bin folder and DLLs - and
no source code) to a default folder in:

C:\Documents and Settings\myLogin\My Documents\Visual Studio
2005\Projects\MyProj.com\PrecompiledWeb\MyProj.com

This is cool becuase now I can just copy all files and sub folders of this
directory to my website instead of hand picking the aspx pages from the vb
pages and so on.

hope this helps any newbees like myself...