No error for calling undefined sub's?

kalasend

Hi,
I am having this problem:
Since some point in time the script is not complaining about calls of
any undefined subroutines(e.g. by a typo). It simply exits, like it
finished running. It didn't use to do that but I can't possibly
remember what change I made caused this.
What is likely to be wrong here?

thanks
ben

Jay Tilton

(e-mail address removed) (kalasend) wrote:

: Since some point in time the script is not complaining about calls of
: any undefined subroutines(e.g. by a typo). It simply exits, like it
: finished running. It didn't use to do that but I can't possibly
: remember what change I made caused this.
: What is likely to be wrong here?

WAG: The program has an AUTOLOAD{} routine that is behaving rudely.

James Willmore

I am having this problem:
Since some point in time the script is not complaining about calls of
any undefined subroutines(e.g. by a typo). It simply exits, like it
finished running. It didn't use to do that but I can't possibly
remember what change I made caused this.
What is likely to be wrong here?

Do you have warnings turned on? Diagnostics? Are you using "strict"?

How about Carp - if this is/was/will be a module, using Carp can be
helpful

How about a plain old .....
perl -c "insert name of script here"
This is used to check the script for syntax errors.

How about when you use "die" - are you giving a descriptive message
about why the script died?

Do you have any "exit"s in the script. If so, are these "exit"s
around the point where the subroutine is called? I sometimes put an
exit statement in a test script to prevent it from running the whole
way through while I'm debugging. Have you, maybe, done the same
thing?

HTH

Jim