No Isert, UPdate or Delete available

Lars

Hi

I have problem. For some reason the Configuration of the
SQLSataSource doesn't allow me to select the commands Insert, Update and
Delete. They are grayed. HOwever I seam to be able to make INsert by adding
SQL commands (with parametrized values). It's when I try to make an edit
form for the values that takes care of the SQL Insertion problem that I
can't Insert, Update or Delete.

Lars

Phil H

Hi

I have problem. For some reason the Configuration of the
SQLSataSource doesn't allow me to select the commands Insert, Update and
Delete. They are grayed. HOwever I seam to be able to make INsert by adding
SQL commands (with parametrized values). It's when I try to make an edit
form for the values that takes care of the SQL Insertion problem that I
can't Insert, Update or Delete.

Lars

The configuration wizard for SqlDataSources will only generate Insert,
Update and Delete commands in cases where the Select statement is
based on a single table and includes the primary key. Otherwise you
have to generate them manually from the properties window. Also, for
the Update, Delete and Insert commands to function with a Formview
control, the DataKeyNames property of the Formview must be set to the
primary key(s) of the data table affected by the commands.

HTH

Lars

Phil H said:
The configuration wizard for SqlDataSources will only generate Insert,
Update and Delete commands in cases where the Select statement is
based on a single table and includes the primary key. Otherwise you
have to generate them manually from the properties window. Also, for
the Update, Delete and Insert commands to function with a Formview
control, the DataKeyNames property of the Formview must be set to the
primary key(s) of the data table affected by the commands.

HTH

That seamed to do the trick.

Thank you