    I could not find a version of Python that runs on a Blackberrry.

    I'm just amazed. A fairly popular platform, and no Python
    implementation?

    walterbyrd, May 19, 2007

  2. walterbyrd

    David Boddie Guest

    If you can get the hardware into the hands of capable developers, they'll
    put Python on it. ;-)

    David

    David Boddie, May 19, 2007

  3. Download the sources and try compiling it yourself.
    On most platforms
    Expand the archive.
    Then either:
    Give the command ./configure (in the exanded python directory)
    Or
    create a directory (For example 'build-python') it the directory
    that CONTAINS the python distribution directory.
    And then execute the command ../<short-name-for-expanded-python-
    directory>/configure
    (in the directory 'build' of the previous step)
    then give the commands:
    make
    make check
    sudo make install [whereupon the systom will ask for your
    administrator password]

    Tommy Nordgren, May 19, 2007
  4. walterbyrd

    Tartifola Guest

    Hi,

    I'm in the process to buy one of this smart phone and very interested
    in Python for Blackberry.
    Any success in installing it?

    Tartifola, May 25, 2007