No Python for Blackberry?

walterbyrd

I could not find a version of Python that runs on a Blackberrry.

I'm just amazed. A fairly popular platform, and no Python
implementation?

David Boddie

I could not find a version of Python that runs on a Blackberrry.

I'm just amazed. A fairly popular platform, and no Python
implementation?

If you can get the hardware into the hands of capable developers, they'll
put Python on it. ;-)

David

Tommy Nordgren

I could not find a version of Python that runs on a Blackberrry.

I'm just amazed. A fairly popular platform, and no Python
implementation?
Download the sources and try compiling it yourself.
On most platforms
Expand the archive.
Then either:
Give the command ./configure (in the exanded python directory)
Or
create a directory (For example 'build-python') it the directory
that CONTAINS the python distribution directory.
And then execute the command ../<short-name-for-expanded-python-
directory>/configure
(in the directory 'build' of the previous step)
then give the commands:
make
make check
sudo make install [whereupon the systom will ask for your
administrator password]

Tartifola

Hi,

I'm in the process to buy one of this smart phone and very interested
in Python for Blackberry.
Any success in installing it?