No reference to stdio.h

SamG

I have installed ubuntu 6.10 on my intel PC and when i try to write a
small c code and compile it i get an error saying the is reference to
stdio.h

i checked /usr/include and /usr/local/include and i searched the whole
system for stdio.h file but i was not able to find the file.

My gcc is there but how come the stdio.h is not included.

How to get around this problem, it seems non of the glibc include
files are found?

Thanks in advanvce... SamG

Ian Collins

SamG said:
I have installed ubuntu 6.10 on my intel PC and when i try to write a
small c code and compile it i get an error saying the is reference to
stdio.h

i checked /usr/include and /usr/local/include and i searched the whole
system for stdio.h file but i was not able to find the file.
Ask on a Linux group, it sounds like you messed up your install.

Keith Thompson

Ian Collins said:
Ask on a Linux group, it sounds like you messed up your install.

<OT>By installing gcc but not glibc (they're two different things).</OT>

army1987

SamG ha scritto:
I have installed ubuntu 6.10 on my intel PC and when i try to write a
small c code and compile it i get an error saying the is reference to
stdio.h

i checked /usr/include and /usr/local/include and i searched the whole
system for stdio.h file but i was not able to find the file.

My gcc is there but how come the stdio.h is not included.

<ot>
Ubuntu doesn't install gclib by default. You'll find it in the
Synaptics package manager, IIRC.
</ot>

Manuel T

SamG said:
I have installed ubuntu 6.10 on my intel PC and when i try to write a
small c code and compile it i get an error saying the is reference to
stdio.h

Install "build-essential" package.