Noob stuck on first compile - stdio.h no such file

streagan

Hi,

I am trying to compile a hello world prog using gcc (also tried cc) on
my Linux (Ubuntu Feisty) box. I get:
test1.c:1:19: error: stdio.h: No such file or directory

I am sure it is a path issue or something similar to that but I can't
seem to find any info on this. Anyone got any ideas.

TIA

Regards

Army1987

Hi,

I am trying to compile a hello world prog using gcc (also tried cc) on
my Linux (Ubuntu Feisty) box. I get:
test1.c:1:19: error: stdio.h: No such file or directory

I am sure it is a path issue or something similar to that but I can't
seem to find any info on this. Anyone got any ideas.
<ot>
On Ubuntu header files for glibc aren't installed by default.
Install the libc6-dev package, or better the build-essential
package, with the Synaptic package manager.
</ot>

Streagan

--

Thx - worked installing lib6-dev