    ad Guest

    Can we let the triangle in a DopDownList disappear?
    When we need dropdown, just click the text.

    ad, Jun 5, 2005

  2. ad

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    You need to write it out as a custom control yourself. Some sort of
    expanding DIV like EasyListBox is written with.

    http://www.easylistbox.com/demoSpeedSearch.aspx

    In it clicking the text does also open the DDL, removing the triangle is
    then case of not having image in the DIV

    Good luck.

    Teemu Keiski, Jun 5, 2005

  3. A ddl renders as an html <select>. There is no attribute in <select> that
    controls the triangle. You can make your own control based on <input
    type=text>. Handle onclick event, produce a popup under the input area,
    populate it with items etc.. Quite a challenging task, but possible to
    implement.

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Jun 5, 2005