Not able to access the webapp using IP address

Venugopal

Hi,

I am running a servlet deployed on JBoss running on 8080.

I am able to access the servlet on my local machine using
http://localhost:8080/myapp

But the moment I try to connect to the servlet using http://192.168.157.17:8080/myapp,
i get network error.

Tried adding the IP map to the localhost by modifying the hosts file
at WINDOWS/system32/drivers/etc , but no use.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks in advance,

Venugopal

shaoanqing

Hi,

I am running a servlet deployed on JBoss running on 8080.

I am able to access the servlet on my local machine usinghttp://localhost:8080/myapp

But the moment I try to connect to the servlet usinghttp://192.168.157.17:8080/myapp,
i get network error.

Tried adding the IP map to the localhost by modifying the hosts file
at WINDOWS/system32/drivers/etc , but no use.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks in advance,

Venugopal

you should remove set of proxy

Nigel Wade

Venugopal said:
Hi,

I am running a servlet deployed on JBoss running on 8080.

I am able to access the servlet on my local machine using
http://localhost:8080/myapp

But the moment I try to connect to the servlet using http://192.168.157.17:8080/myapp,
i get network error.

Localhost refers to the loopback interface (127.0.0.1), whereas 192.168.157.17
address refers to the network interface.

Is the servlet container listening on the network interface or just the
loopback? Check with whatever networking tools your OS provides (netstat?).

If you have a firewall it could be blocking port 8080 on the network interface,
but allowing all connections on loopback.