Not ASP. Windows.Forms....

John Sitka

.....but maybe someone here can help or point to the correct newsgroup.

Anybody ever see something like this WRT row display.......Thanks

rolled up

+ Item1 | valueAAAA <------- this row is normal

expanded

- Item1 | valueAAAA <------- this row is normal
___Item1 | valueAAAA
___Item1 | valueAAAA

rolled up

+Item2 | valueBBBB <------- this row is special formatted (why)

expanded

-Item2 | valueBBBB <------- this row is special formatted (because the underlying values differ)
___Item2 | valueBBXX
___Item2 | valueBBXY

In a Master-Detail display I'd like to know if I can conditionally
format the rolled up master based on a delta between a column value contained
in the master and a similar column value in the details.

It isn't really a master-detail situation it is a line item versioning scenerio but the formatting concept
would be the same I think. Just figured most would understand the Master-detail description better.

I could even return the master row Parent with a flag that represents the change is present (delta)
with a server side investigation. But was hoping to evaluate the datatables as the master row(s) is being built
and tweaked as this goes along. So I could remove the grid formatting or change it before calling update on the adapter.

Thanks Again