marginheight="5"/>
<frame name="userFrame"
src="blank.html"
style="border-style:none"
frameborder="0"
marginwidth="5"
marginheight="5"/>
</frameset>

I see the tabs ... but I do not see the frameset. If I remove the tabs -
then I get the frameset. I'd like both :)

BBB

Safalra

booner said:
I have the following:

<head>
[snip stylesheet]
</head>

<ul id="tablist">
</ul>
<frameset cols="30%,*"
[snip frameset contents]
</frameset>

I see the tabs ... but I do not see the frameset. If I remove the tabs -
then I get the frameset. I'd like both :)

cannot occur inside <body> - the frameset DTD specifies that <frameset>
replaces body. A document with frames can only put other code within
the <noframes> element. You need to put your tabs inside another frame
(or better yet, use server-side includes so that you needn't use frames
at all).

Benjamin Niemann

booner said:
I have the following:

[snip bad html]

I see the tabs ... but I do not see the frameset. If I remove the tabs -
then I get the frameset. I'd like both :)

You can't do it this way. Run it through validator.w3.org and it will tell
you that your code is just wrong.

What you are attempting (if you insist on frames - with the whole bunch of
problems they will cause) can only be done by splitting the window into
three frames, with an additional frame at the top holding your <ul> tabs.

booner

Yes, that was a typo.

The user interface I was going for with the frames ... was a list of users
in a selection list (left frame). Then when a user is selected - put their
information in the right frame for updating.

In the selection list on the onchange event:

window.parent.frames["userFrame"].location = "editUser.asp?Id=" + id;

BBB