Not using tables for complex formatting

markalroberts

Hi,

In passing, i've seen people mention that one should get away from
using tables to layout non-tabular information.

I have a (very) complex layout that works (very) well with tables in IE
(provided you use the table-layout:fixed, and mix relative and fixed
row heights).

There appear to be very few viable alternatives to this - indeed the
only one of interest I've seen so far is this one:

http://www.pmob.co.uk/temp/3colfixedtest_explained.htm

which seems even more complicated and hacky than using tables IMHO.

For people like me that write very rich thin-clients (normally
intranet/extranet based), I'm wondering alternatives i've missed.

Regards,
Mark.

Travis Newbury

In passing, i've seen people mention that one should get away from
using tables to layout non-tabular information.
I have a (very) complex layout that works (very) well with tables in IE
(provided you use the table-layout:fixed, and mix relative and fixed
row heights).

Can you honor us with a URL showing us one of these complex layouts?