Now what's wrong?

Neo

I have an animated gif on my site that when I view the image alone,
works perfectly. When I apply it to the page, it works once, then
becomes nonanimated. I have tried loop=true and loop=infinite, which
has worked before but this didn't seem to want to do it. Any ideas?
Thanks.

Jose

I have an animated gif on my site that when I view the image alone,
works perfectly. When I apply it to the page, it works once, then
becomes nonanimated. I have tried loop=true and loop=infinite, which
has worked before but this didn't seem to want to do it. Any ideas?
Thanks.

Are the preferences in your =browser= set to loop only once (no matter
what the webmaster wants?)

Jose

Neo

I don't believe so. and like I said, when I view it on it's own, it
works fine and continuously loops.

Sid Ismail

: I have an animated gif on my site that when I view the image alone,
: works perfectly. When I apply it to the page, it works once, then
: becomes nonanimated. I have tried loop=true and loop=infinite, which
: has worked before but this didn't seem to want to do it. Any ideas?

Put it up on the www somewhere?

If you have Animation Shop (packaged with PSP) check the animation
settings. :)

Sid

Michael Laplante

Neo said:
I have an animated gif on my site that when I view the image alone,
works perfectly. When I apply it to the page, it works once, then
becomes nonanimated.

In some browsers, you can set the option to skip GIF animations, or freeze
them after 1 cycle. Also, programs like Proxomitron have that has an option.
I've been caught out by this one.

Perhaps that's your situ?

Neo

Ok, here's the problem. I have animated on one of my sites ...
http://neohamster.tripod.com
and the problematic one at ...
http://lightofthealliance.tripod.com/testpage3.html
NeoHamster animated work fine. They just keep going and going. The
Warcraft logo on Light of the Alliance doesn't. Yet when I look at the
logo (in the same browser by the way) by itself, meaning off the page,
it also keeps running. Not this one cycle thing. This is what leads me
to believe it must be a problem within the code somewhere

Ken Sims

Hi -

http://lightofthealliance.tripod.com/testpage3.html
NeoHamster animated work fine. They just keep going and going. The
Warcraft logo on Light of the Alliance doesn't. Yet when I look at the
logo (in the same browser by the way) by itself, meaning off the page,
it also keeps running. Not this one cycle thing. This is what leads me
to believe it must be a problem within the code somewhere

If you are talking about
http://lightofthealliance.tripod.com/images/wowspinlogo.gif
it keeps going for me on the page in Firefox 1.0.7 as does
http://lightofthealliance.tripod.com/images/conside.gif