Obsolete C++ Code

joe

cpp4ever wrote (in thread: "No unanswered question"):
Hopefully,
the useful C/C++ code base that has built up over the years will not
become obsolete too soon, (although I suspect some Businesses like it
that way).

I didn't read your whole (long) response to the OP (other person, not
Original Poster of the thread) so I don't know if the above passage can
stand alone or not, but I am responding to it as if it can or does. You
said "hopefully", meaning that you hope, but the fact of the matter is
that MOST C++ code *is* obsolete (a knowledgeable theory). When is the
new standard going to get here and how much will it do to allow the
obsolete code to be brought up to current times?