Obtain the URL, something wrong

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Jose Huerta, Oct 7, 2009.

  1. Jose Huerta

    Jose Huerta Guest

    Jose Huerta, Oct 7, 2009

  2. Jose Huerta

    Evertjan. Guest

    Jose Huerta wrote on 07 okt 2009 in
    I think you can only do this with clientside scripting.

    Evertjan., Oct 7, 2009

  3. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Jose Huerta
    Are you contoso.com? That's a Microsoft domain, and redirects to
    http://www.microsoft.com/en/us/default.aspx. Are you asking about
    contoso.com or are you using that as an generic URL?

    If you are using it for a generic URL, example.com was set up just for
    that purpose.

    I do not understand your question. If the default document for
    example.com is default.asp, then someone typing in example.com or
    www.example.com will still go to default.asp because that is the default
    document on the server. There is no duplicate content.

    If this is a matter for search engines, you might want to look at the
    canonical link, eg:
    <link rel="canonical" href="http://www.example.com/default.asp" />
    Google understands that default.asp?item=123 and default.asp?item=456
    are the same thing as default.asp . Yahoo and Bing also recognize this.

    Adrienne Boswell, Oct 7, 2009