something wrong with IIS

Maxi

I had hosted two .asp websites on my IIS both were running fine till
today. All of a sudden, one among those two is not working.

When I type comp01/as in IE address bar (the first website), it works
but when I type comp01/fivestar, it doesn't. It says, page cannot be
displayed. It doesn't even open if I change the url to
http://comp01/fivestar/default.asp

It used to work before using comp01/fivestar

Whats wrong???

Maxi

Jeff Cochran

I had hosted two .asp websites on my IIS both were running fine till
today. All of a sudden, one among those two is not working.

When I type comp01/as in IE address bar (the first website), it works
but when I type comp01/fivestar, it doesn't. It says, page cannot be
displayed. It doesn't even open if I change the url to
http://comp01/fivestar/default.asp

It used to work before using comp01/fivestar

Whats wrong???

Your page cannot be displayed. Beyond that nobody could possibly tell
you what's wrong with the information provded. First step is to
change back whatever you changed that made it not work. Second step
is to set IE not to display friendly errors. Third step is to lok at
your logs.

Jeff

Maxi

Your page cannot be displayed. Beyond that nobody could possibly tell
you what's wrong with the information provded. First step is to
change back whatever you changed that made it not work.

I have a good habit of keeping the original working code as a backup. I
did not make any changes as far a software and hardware is concerned
but yes, i did make changes to some of the coding and I thought that
might have messed up things but when I restored the original copy it
did not work???
Second step
is to set IE not to display friendly errors.

Did that. Still the same issue.
Third step is to lok at
your logs.

Where will I get that from?

More info:
I get a HTTP 500 Internal server error at the title bar of IE.
One thing I am still unable to understand, why does it open the first
website and not the other?

Jeff Cochran

I have a good habit of keeping the original working code as a backup. I
did not make any changes as far a software and hardware is concerned
but yes, i did make changes to some of the coding and I thought that
might have messed up things but when I restored the original copy it
did not work???

Did that. Still the same issue.

Where will I get that from?

More info:
I get a HTTP 500 Internal server error at the title bar of IE.
One thing I am still unable to understand, why does it open the first
website and not the other?

The IIS logs will show the 500 error, what you want to look at are the
Event Logs (Admin Tools -> Event Viewer).

Jeff

Mike Brind

Maxi said:
I have a good habit of keeping the original working code as a backup. I
did not make any changes as far a software and hardware is concerned
but yes, i did make changes to some of the coding and I thought that
might have messed up things but when I restored the original copy it
did not work???

Did that. Still the same issue.

Where will I get that from?

More info:
I get a HTTP 500 Internal server error at the title bar of IE.
One thing I am still unable to understand, why does it open the first
website and not the other?

How is the page title generated? From a database? If so, have you
checked to see that the query returns any records?

Mike Brind

Mike said:
How is the page title generated? From a database? If so, have you
checked to see that the query returns any records?

oops. Misread the post. Ignore my idiocy.