Odd behaviour

Helpful person

I've found a solution, now at
www.snowfisher.com/temp/

However, it's a horrible work arround. I've removed all margins,
borders white space and used |

I'd appreciate a better suggestion.

(I'm having trouble posting. Hope this doesn't get posted more than
once.)

Helpful person

I am presently writing a web site and have a test page atwww.snowfisher.com
The menus at the top generally work fine.  However, for IE7 if I
inrease the size by cntrl + a couple of times, minimize the window and
then restore it the placement of the text on the menu bar gets messed
up.  A screen refresh fixes it.

This isn't really a high priority (I can live with this) however, I am
curious.  Anyone know why?  If there's a quick fix I would also be
interested.

Thanks.

www.richardfisher.com

I've found a solution, now at
www.snowfisher.com/temp/

However, it's a horrible work arround. I've removed all margins,
borders white space and used |

I'd appreciate a better suggestion.

(I’m having trouble posting so I hope this doesn’t post more than
once.)

Helpful person

I am presently writing a web site and have a test page atwww.snowfisher.com
The menus at the top generally work fine.  However, for IE7 if I
inrease the size by cntrl + a couple of times, minimize the window and
then restore it the placement of the text on the menu bar gets messed
up.  A screen refresh fixes it.

This isn't really a high priority (I can live with this) however, I am
curious.  Anyone know why?  If there's a quick fix I would also be
interested.

Thanks.

www.richardfisher.com

I've found a solution, now at
www.snowfisher.com/temp/

However, it's a horrible work around. I've removed all margins,
borders white space and used |

I'd appreciate a better suggestion.

(I’m having trouble posting so I hope this doesn’t post more than
once.)

rf

Helpful said:
It seemed like a bug to me, but I'm too inexperienced to "cry bug".
What should I do to fix the page for IE7?

Did you not see my other post?

Add float: left to the li.menuitems rule.

BootNic

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 09:45:30 -0700 (PDT)
I've found a solution, now at www.snowfisher.com/temp/

However, it's a horrible work arround. I've removed all
margins, borders white space and used |

I'd appreciate a better suggestion.

IE7 zoom messes up horizontal lists

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.html/browse_frm/thread/6ef8a41caa5eb65b/32b37cad7f465d21

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.html/msg/da3755eb31895464

li {zoom:1;}

--
BootNic Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:06 pm
Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant

Helpful person

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 09:45:30 -0700 (PDT)
I've found a solution, now atwww.snowfisher.com/temp/
However, it's a horrible work arround. I've removed all
margins, borders white space and used |
I'd appreciate a better suggestion.

IE7 zoom messes up horizontal lists

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.html/browse_frm/thread/6ef8a41caa5...

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.html/msg/da3755eb31895464

li {zoom:1;}

--
BootNic                                       Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:06 pm
  Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant
  intelligence.
  *Henrik Tikkanen*

 signature.asc
< 1KViewDownload

Thanks. I'll study the solution. Do you know if this is fixed in IE8?

BootNic

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 19:14:13 -0700 (PDT)
[snip]
IE7 zoom messes up horizontal lists

[snip]

[snip]

Please take care and remove signatures when you reply.
Thanks. I'll study the solution. Do you know if this is fixed in
IE8?

I can not say it's “fixedâ€, however it does not appear to be an issue
with the given example.

--
BootNic Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:36 pm
Curious things, habits. People themselves never knew they had them.

rf

Helpful said:
Doesn't work.

You could at least report back :-(
I tried it.

I tried it and it does work for me with IE7 version 7.0.5730.11. Rock steady
at all zoom levels and at any size window, until word wrap kicks in that is.

I have many of these sorts of menus working quite happily. The float: left;
is the one major difference between yours and mine.

Your page, copied to my server.
http://barefile.com.au/test/iba1/

Your page copied to my server and float: left; added.
http://barefile.com.au/test/iba2/

I had to fiddle with the colours a bit as with the li's floated we ended up
with white on white. You will need to move the padding around a bit too.

dorayme

Helpful person said:
I want to understand it, not just use it blindly. But I will try
it. Thanks everyone.

I know what you mean, I have become too cynical about *understanding*
IE! <g>