off topic - php not parsing

long eddy

I'm testing a .php file -

<? phpinfo(); >?

however when the page loads I get a box that says:

File Download

Open / Save / Cancel

I'm not certain why it's not parsing php.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Apache is on.
Win 98
and I've checked my Apache conf. file to be:

ScriptAlias /php4/ "C:/php4/"

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

Action application/x-httpd-php/php4/php.exe

Thank you,
Eddy

Bob Long

long said:
I'm testing a .php file -

<? phpinfo(); >?

I don't know about the following things, but shouldn't that line be:

<? phpinfo(); ?>

(unless you just made a typo here)?

Leif K-Brooks

long said:
I'm testing a .php file -

<? phpinfo(); >?

That should be ?>, not >?. And short_tags is icky, so use <?php instead
of <?.
and I've checked my Apache conf. file to be:

ScriptAlias /php4/ "C:/php4/"

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

Action application/x-httpd-php/php4/php.exe

Looks like you're missing a space. Try:
Action application/x-httpd-php /php4/php.exe

?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Kim_Andr=E9_Aker=F8?=

long said:
I'm testing a .php file -

<? phpinfo(); >?

however when the page loads I get a box that says:

File Download

Open / Save / Cancel

I'm not certain why it's not parsing php.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Apache is on.
Win 98
and I've checked my Apache conf. file to be:

ScriptAlias php4 "C:/php4/"

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

Action application/x-httpd-php/php4/php.exe

You're missing a space there.

Action application/x-httpd-php /php4/php.exe