off topic - php not parsing

Discussion in 'HTML' started by long eddy, Jan 14, 2007.

  1. long eddy

    long eddy Guest

    I'm testing a .php file -

    <? phpinfo(); >?

    however when the page loads I get a box that says:

    File Download

    Open / Save / Cancel

    I'm not certain why it's not parsing php.

    Any suggestions would be helpful.

    Apache is on.
    Win 98
    and I've checked my Apache conf. file to be:

    ScriptAlias /php4/ "C:/php4/"

    AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

    Action application/x-httpd-php/php4/php.exe

    Thank you,
    Eddy

    long eddy, Jan 14, 2007

  2. long eddy

    Bob Long Guest

    I don't know about the following things, but shouldn't that line be:

    <? phpinfo(); ?>

    (unless you just made a typo here)?

    Bob Long, Jan 14, 2007

  3. That should be ?>, not >?. And short_tags is icky, so use <?php instead
    of <?.
    Looks like you're missing a space. Try:
    Action application/x-httpd-php /php4/php.exe

    Leif K-Brooks, Jan 14, 2007

    You're missing a space there.

    Action application/x-httpd-php /php4/php.exe

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Kim_Andr=E9_Aker=F8?=, Jan 14, 2007

  5. <?php phpinfo()?>

    or if your have shorttags on

    <? phpinfo() ?>

    Jonathan N. Little, Jan 14, 2007