[offtopic] Tortoise client blocks Windows

Christine Mayer

Hi,

I am using the tortoise svn client for subversion cvs. Each morning I
have to update a big list of projects, which (almost) blocks my pc for
about 30 minutes.
Is there any way to avoid that? Maybe to give tortoise less priority -
but then again on the other hand the update would probably take even
longer?

Cheers,

Christine

Twisted

Hi,

I am using the tortoise svn client for subversion cvs. Each morning I
have to update a big list of projects, which (almost) blocks my pc for
about 30 minutes.
Is there any way to avoid that? Maybe to give tortoise less priority -
but then again on the other hand the update would probably take even
longer?

Try just lowering the priority. Quite often the CPU hog won't run
noticeably slower but everything else will be hugely more responsive,
because "everything else" only wanted the odd sliver of CPU time to
respond to user input.

Christine Mayer

Try just lowering the priority. Quite often the CPU hog won't run
noticeably slower but everything else will be hugely more responsive,
because "everything else" only wanted the odd sliver of CPU time to
respond to user input.

And how could I lower the CPU priority in Windows?

Joshua Cranmer

And how could I lower the CPU priority in Windows?

If it's already running, open up the Task Manager, head to the processes
tab and then right-click on the desired process, select "Set Priority"
and then select the desired priority.