Older versions of AMBA related documentation?

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Nikos Kostis, Jul 6, 2003.

  1. Nikos Kostis

    Nikos Kostis Guest

    Hi,

    I'm doing an MSc project that involves an AMBA-based architecture. The
    current AMBA spec (v2.0, IHI 0011a) only provides timing diagrams of
    the bus functionality. It is indeed possible to create HDL state
    machines out of these, but I've read in older posts that these state
    machines were provided in older versions of the spec. Does anybody
    know where I can get hold of these documents or anything relevant?
    (www.arm.com does not seem to help)

    Moreover I am trying to find documentation on AHB master and slave
    wrappers. Some old postings again refer to an ARM guide on wrappers
    (DDI 0169b) which is again nowhere to be found in the ARM website. Is
    there some archive of older documentation, or can someone point to any
    good source of documentation on wrappers?

    Finally, in order to create a core that is both an AHB master and
    slave (a DMA controller in particular), I suppose that i have to code
    both master and slave interfaces in the top-level of the core, making
    most (if not all) control signals of type inout, and correctly
    separating inputs and outputs inside the core.
    Is there a more efficient solution? (I would suppose that this issue
    is quite trivial).

    Thanks for any responses

    Nikos Kostis

    (Institute for System Level Integration, Scotland, UK)

    Nikos Kostis, Jul 6, 2003