ole error in cgi

perlperl

i have

my $test = Win32::OLE->GetObject($microsoftword_filename);
my $para = $test->Paragraphs();

this works fine when i run thru command prompt but not thru CGI.

Do i neec to change IIS configuration setting?

I tried

1)
";
exit 0;
my $document = Win32::OLE->GetObject($wordfile);

teh CGI terminates properly once i click "ok"

2)
";
my $document = Win32::OLE->GetObject($wordfile);
exit 0;

the cgi hangs and terminates after 5 minutes saying timeout....

however when i run the same CGU using command prompt, it works fine

perlperl

the complete errior i get is

HTTP/1.1 502 Gateway Error Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0 Date: Mon, 27 Mar
2006 20:18:08 GMT Connection: close Content-Length: 186 Content-Type:
text/html
CGI Timeout
The specified CGI application exceeded the allowed time for processing.
The server has deleted the process.

A. Sinan Unur

Do i neec

CGU

1) Go to www.google.com

2) Type iis cgi ole in that little box

3) Click "I'm Feeling Lucky"

Remember: This is a Perl group. CGI and web server configuration
questions are better directed to whatever group might be appropriate.

Before posting in this group, do put some effort into composing a
readable post that has real, meaningful code.

Do read the posting guidelines for this group before posting again.

Sinan

PS: In case you are not lucky, here is the URL:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q158229/

perlperl

well, i tried to do

Launch DCOMCNFG.EXE, which can be found in the system32 directory of
the Windows NT 4.0 installation.
2. Click the Default Security tab.
3. Click the Edit Default button in the Default Launch Permissions
group.
4. Click the Add button in the Registry Value Permissions dialog.
5. Click the computer name from the "List Names From" combo box.
6. Click the Show Users button.
7. Select and add the IUSR_computername Internet Guest Account. For
example, add IUSR_FOO, where FOO is the machine name. Click OK to get
out of the dialogs, and then click Apply.
8. Similarly, add IUSR_computername to the Default Access Permissions.

it didn't work out