On u'Unicode string literals' (Py3)

Dave Angel

Just who are you replying to?

For those who do not know:
The u'' string literal trick has never worked in Python 2.

No trick there. If you have something explicit to say, then say it.
'2.7.2 (default, Jun 12 2011, 15:08:59) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]'

Why then does the subject line say Py3 ?

You're testing three things here, so there's no telling which might be
wrong. Your source encoding, the implicit str() conversion for unicode,
and the particular terminal you're printing it on. It'd be amazing if
all three were right, unless you're on Linux.

jmfauth

For those who do not know:
The u'' string literal trick has never worked in Python 2.

'2.7.2 (default, Jun 12 2011, 15:08:59) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]'>>> print u'Un oeuf à zéro EURO uro'

Un  uf à zéro  uro

jmf

Sorry, I just wanted to show a small example.
I semms Google as "changed" again.

You should read (2nd attempt)
u'Un œuf à zéro €' with the *correct* typed glyphs 'LATIN SMALL
LIGATURE OE'
in œuf and 'EURO SIGN' in '€uro'.

jmf