Once a value reaches zero

Reaction score
Hey all,

I am trying to create a code so that if I try to purchase something for say 20 gold, if I have 19 gold, it won't allow the purchase. Instead, my code keeps allowing me to go into the negative integers... Help! :)

Reaction score
I can't give exact advice without the code in question, but just do an if statement before the transaction.

JavaScript:
if (playerGold >= cost){
    playerGold -= cost;
} else {
    // Return error, etc
}

Reaction score
I can't give exact advice without the code in question, but just do an if statement before the transaction.

JavaScript:
if (playerGold >= cost){
    playerGold -= cost;
} else {
    // Return error, etc
}

Ahhhhhh! I had my brackets in the wrong placement with a "return false" and "null" attempts. Thank you! I knew it wasn't far off!

For the last 2 hours I've been trying to figure out how to put an inventory on the screen. When I purchase a fish, I want displayed "fish: 1" and go up with the more purchased... I'm new to this but loving it!

Reaction score
I'm glad you're enjoying it! If you have any more questions, just create a new post and we'll try to help out.

Ask a Question