onclick together with input type =submit

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Obscurr, Jul 3, 2003.

  1. Obscurr

    Obscurr Guest

    hi,

    I've got a submit button, and when one clicks it, I want a confirm box
    to pop up to make sure the user really wants that. The user is
    supposed to be redirected to another url if he presses OK, and do
    nothing if not. The way it works at the moment, is that the confirmbox
    appears as it should, but whatever the user presses, the php code
    continues to run. Any suggestions?

    php:

    echo "<INPUT type =\"submit\" name =\"test\"
    ONCLICK=\"decision('sure?')\" value =\"Slett messe!\">
    function decision(message){
    if (confirm(message)) window.location.href='http://www.vg.no';
    }

    obscurr

    Obscurr, Jul 3, 2003

  2. Obscurr

    Daniel Guest

    You could replace the "submit" button with a "button" button and put

    onClick="if (confirm('Really submit?')) { this.form.submit(); }"

    that might work?

    Daniel, Jul 3, 2003
  4. If you want to submit a form use
    <form action="whatever.php" ...>
    <input type="submit"
    onclick="return confirm('Are you sure you want to submit the
    form?');">

    Martin Honnen, Jul 3, 2003