opacity

Peter Michaux

Peter said:
Peter Michaux wrote:
[...] For example, from David's code
if (isRealObjectProperty(this, 'document')) {
doc = this.document;
// snip ...
if (isFeaturedMethod(doc, 'getElementById')) {
return function(id, docNode) {
return idCheck((docNode || doc).getElementById(id), id);
};
}
In the call to isFeaturedMethod there is no need to check the typeof
doc. It is already known from the isRealObjectProperty call. This
statement assumes that the isFeaturedMethod and isRealObjects work as
advertised.
I think David will never have the error that you are concerned about
when you write about unqualified references causing an error when the
call is made.
ACK.
I don't know what this means. I rarely know what your abbreviations
mean.

It means ACKnowledge(d) (from the ASCII mnemonic), and it is not my
invention:http://catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/A/ACK.html

You can also find explanations for (hacker) jargon like those abbreviations
in the Wikipedia, e.g.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ACK
That could be done with the following around all the code.
if (typeof this != 'unknown') {

I meant "undefined"

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Peter said:
Peter said:
[...] Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn [...] wrote:
Peter Michaux wrote:
[...] For example, from David's code
if (isRealObjectProperty(this, 'document')) {
However, this will require at least one reference to be qualified, and
be it only a reference to the global object.
That could be done with the following around all the code.
if (typeof this != 'unknown') {
}

I meant "undefined"

And I said:

So what you meant does not matter here. Unless the Activation Object is a
host object (which may yield any value in a typeof operation, see ES3 Final,
11.4.3), `this' is (also) *never* (typeof) "undefined".

Would you *please* trim your quotes?

PointedEars

Dr J R Stockton

In comp.lang.javascript message <1f7731f6-6ef8-4c28-8ce0-9c531ac0eb85@d2
1g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, Tue, 11 Dec 2007 17:15:45, Peter Michaux
Code Worth Recommending Project
http://cljs.michaux.ca

I've looked at this, and have seen no indication of how to find code.
To the incomer, it looks like an amusement park for experts, of no
practical use. IMHO, it should be rapidly seeded with some known-not-
too-bad code (which can be improved later, if needed), so that it can be
seen, rapidly, to be of some possible use.

International forms should be used in all cases, not merely local ones.
This, in <http://cljs.michaux.ca/trac/timeline>, the date sequence looks
ludicrous to all non-Americans. Use YYYY-MM-DD, as in ISO 8601 - even
Americans can understand it, and there's no need for them to like it.

Page <http://cljs.michaux.ca/trac/changeset/8> and no doubt others - in
my IE6, the monospace text is unreasonably small. Zoom does not work.

Search results : unreadably small, no Zoom, FFF dates.

Peter Michaux

In comp.lang.javascript message <1f7731f6-6ef8-4c28-8ce0-9c531ac0eb85@d2
1g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, Tue, 11 Dec 2007 17:15:45, Peter Michaux

I've looked at this, and have seen no indication of how to find code.

There are two ways on the front page: a browse source link and a
subversion command to get the code. Sure one day the project may be a
success and deserve a flashy page but that is not a priority right
now, at least for me.
To the incomer, it looks like an amusement park for experts, of no
practical use. IMHO, it should be rapidly seeded with some known-not-
too-bad code (which can be improved later, if needed), so that it can be
seen, rapidly, to be of some possible use.

Having code in the repository is a priority and it will be there at
least "rapidly" on a geological scale. There is no time line for the
project.
International forms should be used in all cases, not merely local ones.
This, in <http://cljs.michaux.ca/trac/timeline>, the date sequence looks
ludicrous to all non-Americans. Use YYYY-MM-DD, as in ISO 8601 - even
Americans can understand it, and there's no need for them to like it.

trac is a prepackaged piece of software that is good on the whole.
Page <http://cljs.michaux.ca/trac/changeset/8> and no doubt others - in
my IE6, the monospace text is unreasonably small. Zoom does not work.

Search results : unreadably small, no Zoom, FFF dates.

This is not a priority, at least for me. I can read the pages just
fine and know how to adjust my browser when that is not the case with
some pages on the web. If you are passionate about this and want to
find the CSS that causes the problem. You can send a patch.