Open a dialog from MainWindow - pyQT4 - Beginner :-)

Florian Wollenschein

Dear folks,

I'm just working on a pyQT4 version of my txt to html converter thc (see
listick.org for details).

I created the MainWindow with QT Designer and then converted it to .py
with pyuic4. It works well so far. Then I created a new UI for my
abtDialog (about dialog for my application). I did the same as with the
MainWindow, so I have two UIs and two *_ui.py files now. How can I open
the dialog from my main application class?

Here's part of the code I'm using:

self.connect(self.actionAbout,
QtCore.SIGNAL("triggered()"), self.OpenAbout)
def OpenAbout(self):
pass

The OpenAbout function should open the dialog. I've already tried a
abtDialog.show() after creating it via abtDialog = ThcAboutDialog()
(ThcAboutDialog is the class for this dlg).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Listick Lorch
http://www.listick.org

PS: Keep in mind that I'm quite a beginner in the field of python and qt...

nickgaens

[...]

# don't forget to connect the "Ok"-button of this about-dialog to
QDialog::accept() ;-)
abtDialog.setAttribute(QtCore.Qt.WA_DeleteOnClose)
abtDialog.exec_()

R3

ps: you could take a look at a QMessageBox::information or so to make
this more "simple"

Florian Wollenschein

def OpenAbout(self):
# don't forget to connect the "Ok"-button of this about-dialog to
QDialog::accept() ;-)
abtDialog.setAttribute(QtCore.Qt.WA_DeleteOnClose)
abtDialog.exec_()

R3

ps: you could take a look at a QMessageBox::information or so to make
this more "simple"

Wow, thanks for your help. Now it's working :)

Great.
Regards,
Listick