Open Another webform without closing the current webform ?

Luqman

How can I open another WebForm in ASP.Net / VS 2005 without closing the
Current Webform.

I tried using Server.Transfer("Form2.Aspx",True) on Button_Click of Form1
but it close the current web form and opened the form2, and when I click on
the button on form2 which had Server.Transfer("Form1.Aspx"), the form1
initialized and all the values of form1 controls set to blank, any idea
please ?

My Form1 has some textboxes and a search Button. The Search Button is used
to open another form and search for particular Item Code, and then click on
that Item Code and come back to form1 without closing the form1.

Any idea please ?

Best Regards,

Luqman

Mark Rae

How can I open another WebForm in ASP.Net / VS 2005 without closing the
Current Webform.

For this you will need to open a second window client-side using JavaScript:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?sour...GGLG:2006-28,GGLG:en&q=JavaScript+window.open

Or, if you can be certain that all your users will be using Microsoft
Internet Explorer, you could use window.showModalDialog:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...:en&q=JavaScript+window.showModalDialog&meta=

You can refer to the controls on the first window by using the window.opener
object in the second window:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2006-28,GGLG:en&q=JavaScript+window.opener&meta=