Opinion on Survey Request

elena

I'm a Java/C++ developer who is also studying psychology. I'm looking
at an attribute called "cognitive style" right now, and I'd like to get
some responses that measure it using a sample of software developers.

I can go to my friends, however it occured to me it might be
interesting to post in a newsgroup to get a more diverse and random
sample of the population.

My question is: Is this appropriate use of the forum? Would you be
willing to complete a survey (about 5 minutes)? Opinions?

Thanks,

Elena

Jonathan Turkanis

elena said:
I'm a Java/C++ developer who is also studying psychology. I'm looking
at an attribute called "cognitive style" right now, and I'd like to
get some responses that measure it using a sample of software
developers.

I can go to my friends, however it occured to me it might be
interesting to post in a newsgroup to get a more diverse and random
sample of the population.

My question is: Is this appropriate use of the forum? Would you be
willing to complete a survey (about 5 minutes)? Opinions?

Thanks,

Elena

I think posting an announcement here with a link to a website would be okay, and
wouldn't be surprised if a large number of people followed the link at least to
take a quick look.

However, conducting the discussion here would probably be off topic.

Jonathan