Oracle Exceeded maximum idle time

jobs

re: Oracle Exceeded maximum idle time

I have asp.net web gridview that is populated by a function that calls
an Oracle procedure that returns a dataset. At most, it might take 2
or 4 seconds to come back on average. However, somtimes I get this
error.

ORA-02396: exceeded maximum idle time, please connect again

Where should i adjust my the timeout?

In the connection string?

in the ADO.net oracle command? currently set to 0, not sure what that
means exactly.

.CommandTimeout = 0

in IIS? or Oracle?

Also on a related note. I am always sure to close all my connections.
But I noticed even when I know for sure the process did not fail and I
closed the Oracle connection in my code that two Idle Oracle sessions
seem to hang around idle until the system kills them with this wierd
SQL text behind them:

ALTER SESSION SET NLS_LANGUAGE= 'AMERICAN' NLS_TERRITORY= 'AMERICA'
NLS_CURRENCY= '$' NLS_ISO_CURRENCY= 'AMERICA' NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS=
'.,' NLS_CALENDAR= 'GREGORIAN' NLS_DATE_FORMAT= 'DD-MON-RR'
NLS_DATE_LANGUAGE= 'AMERICAN' NLS_SORT= 'BINARY' TIME_ZONE= '-05:00'
NLS_COMP= 'BINARY' NLS_DUAL_CURRENCY= '$' NLS_TIME_FORMAT=
'HH.MI.SSXFF AM' NLS_TIMESTAMP_FORMAT= 'DD-MON-RR HH.MI.SSXFF AM'
NLS_TIME_TZ_FORMAT= 'HH.MI.SSXFF AM TZR' NLS_TIMESTAMP_TZ_FORMAT= 'DD-
MON-RR HH.MI.SSXFF AM TZR'

Is there something I need to tweak somewhere? A setting in the
connection?